MONTESSORI METHOD developed by Dr. Maria Montessori, focuses on development of ‘Intellectual Capabilities’ in addition to the memory power.Montessori classrooms provide a prepared environment where children are free to respond to their natural tendency to work.Montessori environment in our school enable the students individually, to choose the practical learning activity, work things out for themselves and learn on their own, at their own pace, being guided by the specially trained teacher.Also,our teachers helps and encourages the children in all their efforts, allowing them to develop self-confidence and inner discipline.Kingdom School is a full- fledged Montessori School equipped with more than 100 different types of Montessori Apparatus under the classification of Sensorial material, Language material, Arithmetic material.The students learn Phonetic English, which enables them to master the reading and speaking skills with ease.To engage the student in self-directed activity, the student him/herself chooses the apparatus that interest him or her. These materials offer “keys” to meaningful learning that last a lifetime.
I.C.S.E. and I.S.C
After first 3 years of learning under Montessori Method, students seamlessly move over to Indian Certificate of Secondary Education (I.C.S.E.) Board syllabus from Class 1 till Class 10. This exam is conducted by the Council for the Indian School Certificate Examinations. It is the certification for qualifying in 10th Grade. I.S.C. stands for Indian School Certificate. It is an examination that conducted for Grade 12.For public exam in Grade X, students study English as the First Language and French or Hindi or Tamil as the Second Language.They learn Mathematics, History, Civics and Geography, Science (Physics, Chemistry and Biology), Environmental Science and Computer Studies as Core Subjects.As part of the I.C.S.E. programme, students are also required to undertake “Socially Useful Productive Work” (SUPW).
Advantages of I.C.S.E & I.S.C
- The curriculum and syllabus that I.C.S.E follows is much more comprehensive and structured to provide more practical knowledge and helps to build analytical skills in students.
- I.C.S.E accentuates more on internal assessments and believes it to be very essential for a child’s mental development.
- The practical test results are aggregated with the overall scores. It gives more importance to all fields and a child’s overall development.
- I.C.S.E curriculum focuses on concepts and has a well-structured projects based learning syllabus.
- This certification is recognized in India and around the world, particularly by foreign schools and universities when compared to that from CBSE or State Board.
- I.C.S.E has made Mathematics optional in class 10th. Students also have immense flexibility in terms of selecting specific subjects from wide variety of subjects.
- Children who study the I.C.S.E curriculum have an edge over English language as compared to CBSE and State Board students as the I.C.S.E curriculum has literature and grammar as two completely separate subjects and students need to take a 100 mark exam for both. Students are taught to solve Wren and Martin Grammar book since 5th standard. A grip over language is made to be a necessity.
- I.C.S.E even has subjects for Fashion Design, Agriculture, Home Science and Cookery for creative minds. Please check with us the list of subjects offered in our school.
- I.C.S.E offers a variety of languages like English, Hindi, Tamil, French and others.
- I.C.S.E curriculum can be your best option if your child is aspiring to become a medical doctor, engineer, humanities specialist, management professional, athlete, visual artist, a scientist or an all-rounder. I.C.S.E. curriculum and teaching makes a student fit for the corporate world.
- I.C.S.E curriculum is perfect to opt for scholarship examinations attuned to the world education standards.
- CBSE students generally undergo rigorous NEET / IIT-JEE training to be able to face the competitive exams. Whereas it is an acknowledged fact that by 10th standard itself I.C.S.E. students have already overtaken the CBSE level syllabus and are ready to face the 12th standard level competitive exams without even special coaching.
- Due to the emphasis laid on English in I.C.S.E., students from this board hold a winning hand over other students in GRE/TOEFL qualification exams.
- For GRE / GMAT / TOEFL / IELTS entrance exams for higher studies abroad ICSE is acknowledged as the most suited curriculum.
It is proven fact that a student who excels in sports, when mentored carefully shines exceedingly well in academics and in all round development. This in turn provides the leadership material that succeeds in career and life ahead.